Technical Field Managers – AMD (French Speaking)
Depending on location, the staring salary package for these roles is generally £59,304 - £63,904 per annum (approx. $79,150 - $85,300 USD) including all allowances.
About MAG in Africa
MAG supports the development of countries emerging from conflict by finding and destroying the explosive remnants of war, so that communities can raise their families and pursue their livelihoods in a safe and secure environment, free from fear of death or injury. One predominate area of focus in MAG’s programmes across Africa is Physical Security and Stockpile Management (PSSM)/ Arms Management and Destruction (AMD) work, working with national defence and security authorities towards the safe storage management as well as destruction of weapons and munitions. These programmes include Chad, Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Mauritania, Gambia and others. We are anticipating PSSM/AMD Technical Field Manager roles to come available over the coming months.
About the roles
Our Technical Field Managers are the core of our work, and actively manage and lead our teams of national staff to safely implement our life saving work. The PSSM/AMD Technical Field Managers, deal regularly with national and local defence and security authorities, including the police and military, on weapons and ammunition stockpile management. Operations focussing on armoury construction, design and management, Weapons management, assessment of SALW needs and bulk demolitions. They must be willing to lead from the front, responsible for the day-to-day management of our technical interventions and being involved in all aspects of MAG’s project work, including administration, finance, procurement of equipment, reporting and planning. Roles can often be remote, working in challenging contexts away from home comforts, but the life-saving impact the work has on local communities is very real, and rewarding. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in MAG’s life-saving work on a day-to-day basis.
You must be qualified and experienced in PSSM/AMD work, with previous experience working for a similar organisation, either in the humanitarian or commercial sector. You must be willing to take on the challenges of working in the developing world, as part of a flexible and committed team, to save lives in communities which need it most.
Fluent French language skills are essential and English language skills are desirable.
You should be aware though, you will need to be able to live and work in challenging environments, where the need for your skills and MAG’s work is most.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: Depending on location, the starting total salary package for this position generally £59,304 - £63,904 / approx. $79,150 - $85,300 per annum and this increases with service.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year. As Mali is considered a hardship programme you will also be entitled to an additional 10 hardship leave.
- Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year (for permanent contracts)
- Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
Please see the candidate information sheet in the application pack for further details on these benefits.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the application pack, below:
Please return the application form and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.