Technical Field Manager, Middle East
The starting salary package for this position is £66,004 GBP (approx. $88,100 USD) including all allowances.
This role is subject to funding.
About the role
Our Technical Field Managers are the core of our work and actively manage and lead our teams of national staff to safely implement our life saving mine clearance and EOD projects. They must be willing to lead from the front, responsible for the day-to-day management of our technical teams and being involved in all aspects of MAG’s lifesaving work, including administration, cashbooks, procurement, reporting and planning. Roles can often be in remote locations, working in challenging contexts. The life-saving impact the work has on local communities is very real, and rewarding. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in MAG’s life-saving work on a day-to-day basis.
You must be qualified to IMAS EOD 3, preferably with experience of working within the HMA sector. It would be beneficial to be qualified (EOD3+) or experienced in IEDD or High Risk Search operations, through working for a similar organisation, either in the humanitarian, commercial sector or military/civil service sectors. You must be willing to take on the physical challenges of working in a ‘hands on’ role in hostile environments, as part of a flexible and committed team.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: The starting salary package for this position is £69,654 GBP /approx. $92,950 USD per annum and this increases with service.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six/eight weeks out of the programme per year (for permanent contracts)
- Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year (for permanent contracts
- Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
Please see the candidate information sheet in the application pack for further details on these benefits.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the application pack, below:
Please return the Application form to email@example.com as soon as possible- applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.